HOW TO: Drywall Blowout
Perfect for removed outlet box
holes, punch & doorknob holes.
- Square-off hole in drywall.
- Cut new drywall patch 2" bigger in both
directions than hole.
- Score back side of patch 1" around all 4
- Bend, and peel off 1" strips... leaving
1" paper overhang on front of drywall patch.
- Apply joint compound to edges and back of
paper overhang of patch, and 1" perimeter of hole and edges.
- Apply drywall blowout patch to hole in
sheetrock (or other) wall.
- Using a 6" taping knife... smooth out and
remove excess joint compound.
- Let dry, spackle as usual with larger knife.
- Ask a contractor for FREE drywall advice here.
Certified Building Contractor
Sarasota, Florida 34241-5923
License Number: CBC1251528
me a question, or set up for a estimate
Renovation in Siesta Key
Longboat Venice Bradenton Sarasota Florida